My name is Germaine Chambers. I was born on June 17,
1993, in Kingston, Jamaica. I moved to the states when I was
eight years old, so I guess you could say I have been fairly
Americanized. I have two parents, a younger sister, and two
Shih Tzu’s. I think I did a little bit of everything growing up.
When I was three years old I started doing karate, and once I
moved I kept at it until I received my first degree black belt in
Tae Kwon Do at age eleven. That was my goal for martial
arts, so once I got my black belt I decided to stick to soccer.
I told my mom this, and she was fine with it, but she still
made me try other sports and activities. Jamaicans don’t
usually play American football; we play soccer or cricket. So
as a product of my environment, I had no idea how to play
this new sport. My parents thought I should learn, so they
put me in pee wee football! I was a decent running back, but
I ended up doing other things. Like piano lessons,
skateboarding, paintball, and bass guitar. To this day I still
like all of those things, but doing them helped me figure out
that soccer was the one I was most passionate about. I love
everything soccer, whether its playing, watching, officiating,
or going ham on anyone who decides they want to challenge
me in FIFA! I am a recent graduate from Charlotte High
School. Along with playing soccer I ran track, and I was also
apart of Interact and Environmental club. I’m currently
undecided, but senior year I chose to take AP environmental
science and found out that I genuinely enjoyed the class. So
I’ll be determining if I want minor or major in that area very
soon.
Germaine ... you will LOVE the environmental courses here; take SWFL Biology and get your feet wet ... literally!
ReplyDelete